Saturday, August 8, 2009

Double Duty: On a Pedestal

I love, love, love this set. It is so much fun, and it really is versatile. Here are two cards both using Stampin' Up!'s On A Pedestal stamp set, and both using the same colors and paper; pink, black, and white. I've starting making 2 cards at a time now, why not? I've already got the supplies out, right?

I tried to make it look like a little bakery shop window with a black stripe awning. What do you think? Here I used the "Happy Everying To You!" sentiment to create a background on the lower card base. Then I added some some pink glass beads to emulate some frosting, and finished it off with a little Melon Mambo ribbon and a button (extra buttons from clothing, nothing special).


This one's a little more simple, but still just as cute if you ask me. I love how the text looks like a layered cake (in hindsight, I'm thinking that I should have made the word "Sweet" black), and that little cherry on top is the finishing touch. I really like that black and white paper. I snagged it from my mom, I believe it is by Me & My Big Ideas.

Happy Everything To You
Stamps: Stampin' Up! On A Pedestal
Ink: Stampin' Up! Regal Rose, Melon Mambo; Stayzon in black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette (retired), Whisper White
Paper: Me & My Big Ideas
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo ribbon, scallop edge punch, corner rounder, dimensionals; natural twine; generic button; glass beads

Amazing, Thoughtful, Sweet, etc.
Stamps: Stampin' Up! On A Pedastal
Ink: Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo; Stayzon in black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Paper: Me & My Big Ideas
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds, scallop edge punch, dimensionals; black grossgrain ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Dawn! Love the color combo you went with! I love love love this stamp set, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set is on my wish list! It is just SO cute!! Your cards are adorable- way to make me want it more! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest