Thursday, June 24, 2010

Almost Friday! Whew, I for one, couldn't be happier. How about you?

I have had zero time to actually craft this week, but luckily I have a small stash of cards that I haven't shared with you guys. Today, I have a super simple and easy to re-create card.


I used the Wplus9 Background Builders:Hearts set and covered most of the card front in SU!'s Pretty In Pink. Then I punched a few small hearts from the Marvy Uchida heart punch in Real Red. Did you know that the hearts in the stamp set are the exact size and shape as the punch? Pretty cool, huh!?

I finished this card off with some simple black twill, a bit of twine wrapped directly over the twill, and a button. No sentiment here, I wanted something I could use for anything (for someone I love). ;o) Hope you enjoy and are looking forward to the weekend as much as I am!

Project Supplies

Stamps: Background Builders: Hearts (Wplus9 Design Studio)
Ink: Stampin' Up! Pretty In Pink
Paper: Stamper's Select White cardstock(Papertrey Ink); Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Fibers: Black twill (Offray); Rustic Twine (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Corner Rounder (Fiskars); Heart punch (Marvy Uchida); Vintage Buttons in Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this card without a sentiment! Those varied red hearts are pretty fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So classy! How clever to add the punched hearts! I love the ribbon treatment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am in LOVE with this card, so simple and perfect...I just might have to "recreate" it!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is adorable! Love it! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Dawn! Perfect card for Vday or "just cause"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, love it! Love the pops of red and how the card is balanced by the black! Great design, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card..so simple.. and yet so bright and colorful.. great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet card, dawn! love the punched hearts and that ribbon treatment:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn, thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love. I adore this card. Just by swapping out the image this card could be used for almost any type of card. Great go to layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, Dawn! I love the simplicity and the fact that the punch is an exact match for the stamps...now I must get the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn...Just heard the news...Congratulations and welcome to The Cutting Cafe! I'm looking forward to working with you...you do awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest