Tuesday, June 29, 2010

July 2010 Sneak Peek Day 2: Hooked on You

Welcome back to day 2 of the July Release Sneak Peeks! I just wanted to thank you all for your comments and support, you all really make this the most enjoyable "job" I've ever had!

Today, I am honored and proud to formally introduce you to one of my best friends, Kerriane Gwin.

This girl is about as true blue as it gets! She is an amazing illustrator, a fantastic designer, can kick butt and take names in a corporate meeting, and best of all, puts up with me. When I started playing around with the idea of starting Wplus9, I just knew that Kerrianne would play a large role. When she pitched the idea of "Hooked On You" to me, I said "Sure, illustrate it." Once she realized that I wasn't kidding, she went to town, and produced the cutest little fish I've ever seen. These little guys are so fun and a great set for card creating for every gender and age.

Hooked On You

  • is a 4x6 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 16 stamps; 7 sentiments, 8 images, and 1 background building image
  • will be available for purchase July 1st for just $13

For my first card, I focused on the largest fish in the set. This guy is oozing with personality! I stamped him in black onto a 3 inch circle and colored him with Copic markers. I am diligently practicing with those little gems. And slowly learning what works best for me. I still find that laying all of my base color first and adding shadows by either going over with the same color or a shade darker is working best for me. I curved the "Happy Birthday" sentiment, included in this set, and stamped it just below in black as well. I finished off the focal image by adding the cute little cluster of bubbles and just adding a little crescent swipe in each with a Copic.

For the card base, I added a Pacific Point (Stampin' Up!) blue panel and stamped it with the wavy background image in Versamark. A bit of Pure Poppy saddle stitched ribbon (Papertrey Ink) adds the finishing touch to this simple gender neutral card. The finished size of this card is 5x5" square.

For this card, I specifically wanted to create a manly card that wasn't stuffy and dull. I'm a very sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek kind of girl, so this sentiment is one of my favorites ever! I love how this turned out. I used one of the small fish from the set and stamped him repeated onto Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!) in Dark Brown (Colorbox) ink. This created a "sea" of ordinary, identical fish. The perfect backdrop for that golden little guy to stand out in.

I stamped him again onto white cardstock, colored him with Copics, and popped him on dimensionals. I added the sentiment on a white strip of cardstock and stitched one edge with some Rustic Twine (Papertrey Ink). Fast, fun, and easy! Just like me! Well...at least fun. ;o)

Want to see more? Keep it going and check out what the girls have done:

  • Kerriane is showing you more of this fab set.
  • And you don't want to miss Maile's card, these two make quite the team!

Want to win Hooked on You? Stop by Kerrianne's and be sure to leave her a comment by 11:59 pm EST Tuesday, June 29th. One random winner will be selected from her comments.

Stop back by tomorrow to see both of these set in their entirety before they go on sale on July 1st. And don't forget July 1st is the Design Team Group Post where we will feature one card from each of the designers for the new release...talk about inspiration!

Project Supplies

Happy Birthday
Stamps: Hooked on You (Wplus9)
Ink: Onyx Brillance and Versamark (Tsukineko); Dark Brown liquid chalk ink (Colorbox); Pacific Point classic ink (Stampin' Up!); Copic markers
Paper: Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink); Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
Fibers: Pure Poppy saddle stitched ribbon and Rustic Twine (Papertrey Ink)
Other: corner rounder (Fiskars); Circle Scissors Plus (EK Success)

The Only Fish
Stamps: Hooked On You (Wplus9)
Ink: Dark Brown liquid chalk ink (Colorbox); Copic markers
Paper: Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Stamper's Select white (Papertrey Ink)
Fibers: Rustic Twine (Papertrey Ink)
Other: corner rounder (Fiskars)

23 comments:

  1. Way to go, Kerianne! I can visualize a lot of cute kids cards with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute Dawn! These are great, cant wait to see the full sets! P.S. I didnt peek ;)LOL havent been over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I've got a fish stamp that I've never used, such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeeze this is just adorable! I love in your second card you stamped one cutie fish again and colored him to stand out! CAUUUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness!!! This is a cute set! I would love to play with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Dawn and that fishy is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG these are just way to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this set is a must have for me, since I love everything beachy and by the sea! Beautiful images! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How stinkin' cute! Love the sentiment on the second card! I have to go get some of that Dark Brown Colorbox ink ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, sweet ONE! These are fun, indeed! All kinds of "bring on the summer" kind of sparkly, new flip flop and cushy, brightly designed, brand new, towel-wrapped children kind of fun! I'm in LOVE! That Kerrianne! {Could she be any more MOVIE-STAR kind of gorgeous!?! ;o)} Yeah! I'm SO loving these stamps, already! Can't WAIT to see how they swim {...wait for it...!} in the MAIN stream! HEEEEEEEE HAAA HEEE HEE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Looks interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried posting once but it didn't appear to take. What I said was that although I'm sad about missing out on yesterday's, these would be fun and challenging and a great add to my collection. If my first comment did make it through, please delete one so I'm staying fair.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable and love the sentiments that go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun looking stamp set. loving the little fish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! I really love your second card on kraft. I love how you popped one fish in bright yellow and distressed the corners of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree...that fish is too cute!! Really fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Dawn for the sweet compliments - you seriously brought a tear to my eye!! I'm so honored to be a part of such an amazing and talented group of wonderful women! Thank you again and I can't wait to start working on my next set!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply adorable! That dark brown ink is luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're so, so talented! Those cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such cute fish, kerriane! great cards, dawn-esp. the kraft card-it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh...this has to be one of my favorites! I love the kraft card with the yellow fish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, pretty nice stamp set! I foresee a beautiful future for Wplus9! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest