Friday, May 20, 2011

All Eyes On...Fabric

This month we are focusing on fabric! I don't often use fabric, other than ribbon, on my cards. In fact, as of late, I haven't even used much ribbon in my projects. So when trying to come up with a topic to focus on for this month's All Eyes On, I just knew fabric would be a perfect challenge for myself.

I was inspired by this card by the fabulous Angeline Yong. You can also find it in Papercrafts Card Creations Volume 9. I fell in love with the stitched heart and immediately thought of using a strip of burlap to cross-stitch my sentiment onto. The weave is much more loose than your convential cross-stitching fabric, so a little more patience and care is needed get the stitches even. But I think the end result was definitely worth it. I decided to keep this one CAS (see, I haven't abandoned my first love), and added a brad and some twine to create a little hanging banner.

Check out what some of the other girls from the Wplus9 Design Team have up their sleeves for you:

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty and warm card!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card - I love the texture that a bit of fabric brings to a design. And cross stitch is one of my first (and still beloved) crafty passions!
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet, Dawn! LOVE the kraft with pops of red! I've got an entire drawer full of cross-stitching patterns and fabric and floss and needles and whatnot. You've inspired me to dust them off! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! How original to cross-stitch on burlap!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest