Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sketch It Out

Do you ever get stumped? Or just in a creative rut? A fun way to spark some creativity is to create a sketch or find one online. There are a ton of fun sketch challenge blogs out there. I had the urge to create just for fun, but I didn't have a particular assignment or goal in mind, so I turned to a sketch.

Nothing overly original or creative. But I was looking for something to help me use up more of those scraps and remnants that are multiplying uncontrollably.

I love how I was able to mix and match papers, colors and shapes. These deconstructed layouts are great for this. I didn't pay any attention to rules or "threes" etc. I just did what felt right.

It feels good to create amongst chaos every now and then. Want to give it a try? No rules, no pressure. I'd love to see what you create! Leave a link in the comments.

Project Supplies

Celebrate
Stamps: Label Layers 4 (Wplus9)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!)
Card stock: White (Wplus9); Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages
Tools: Label Layers 4 Die (Wplus9); star punch (Fiskars); Circle punches (Stampin' Up!); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); rhinestones (Doodlebug Designs)

9 comments:

  1. I like the card a lot, especially the white background. All the patterns and colors really stand out.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card... love the colors and the stitching you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this sketch and love your card even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright and cheery colors & this fab card design! The stitching adds such a fun detail too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sketch was so fun, Dawn! I love the bright, fun card that you made using it. Amazing design with all the different elements. I made a little something using it, too :)

    http://aschoss.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-heart-blooms.html

    Thank you for your amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me a few days, but I finally came up with something!! Thanks for the inspiration Dawn :)
    http://stampandscrapwithmaureen.blogspot.com/2012/07/birthday-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Dawn. This a fun and happy card. I was inspired so I created one card. Check it out. http://happystampingdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/pretty-colors.html and thanks by the way for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here you are, Dawn! Thanks, as always, for all the yummy inspiration! http://jinnynewlin.blogspot.com/2012/08/sketch-it-out-tuesday-trigger-autumn.html

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest