Friday, August 31, 2012

Q&A: Inking Large Solid Stamps

Happy Friday! I've started working on some of the videos for the questions that you all have submitted recently via comments, email, Twitter and Facebook.

Today's video answers a question from Suzanne Dahlberg on inking large solid stamps.

"Do you have any tips on stamping large solid images? Best inks or techniques? Like the large rectangle images in the Season of Thanks stamp set."

In the video below, I share my inking method and my preferred inks. Getting a good impression will ultimately come down to personal preference and what each individual is comfortable with. Here, I'm sharing what works for me and my personal preferences. *Please excuse the horribly stained loved stamp.

Watch above or in HD at YouTube

I also created a card immediately following the Q&A. However, my camera stopped recording for one reason or another and I didn't notice until it was almost complete. So, no footage. And to be honest, I almost didn't share the card at all because I'm not really "feeling it". But decided I would anyway...good or bad, it is what it is. Right? ;)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic weekend! A long one here in the states...woo hoo!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I *love* it! The colors are rich and festive. I truly adore that checkerboard and leaf combination - just so you know, I am totally stealing that! Yay long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your videos Dawn! And thank you for sharing your card - I appreciated how you explained you weren't 'feeling it'. So glad to know those things don't only happen to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Dawn, I have never seen anyone do that tapping before, great idea sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your great video Dawn..love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, I LOVE your card! Thanks so much for doing the video. I am glad to see how you distinguished blotchiness from texture. I may have to revisit dye inks one more time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and I am so glad you shared it! Love your videos Dawn...I have had fun plying with my halloween stamps....did you see my bat card? cherry

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest