Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Birthday Hello

I don't know about you, but the cards I need most often are birthday cards. I love to mail out and hand deliver them. I just gave one to a co-worker yesterday.  She was so surprised that I remembered;  I could tell it made her feel special and I love that!

Hand Lettered Hello is perfect for birthdays and so much more. Mixed with other images and sentiments from the Wplus9 April Release, you can make a special birthday card for everyone on your list.

This first card combines bright, cheery colors and a bold, yet minimal pattern.

I created the pattern using one of the stamps in the Borders & Backgrounds 4 set.

Stamping first the vertical and horizontal, then the diagonals created these star-like images.  After stamping the three images I cut the cardstock strip in half directly down the center of the star images.  What I was left with were what looked to me like sun bursts! I placed them on either side of my sentiment panel and lined them with strips of cardstock colored with Wild Mango Dye Ink to cover the seam.

The sentiments from Hand Lettered Hello work so well with Strictly Sentiments 4, making it easy to create customized sentiments for your recipient.


My next card is perfect for the little girl in your life.

The off-set chevron pattern, Ink Splats, and glittered flowers from Birds & Branches make it fun!

The chevron was created using modeling paste mixed with distress paint. It was applied to the white cardstock panel using a stencil.  After it was dry, I cut it into three pieces using a curved die. I pieced it back together in such a way that the chevrons did not line up.

Embellished with a pink Hand Lettered Hello die cut sentiment and some enamel dots the card is ready to send.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Ink Splats, Hand Lettered Hello //Dies: Hand Lettered Hello, Birds & Branches Frame// Cardstock: White

Finally, I have a birthday card for a guy, young or old, in shades of blue.

Using another single stamp from Borders & Backgrounds 4, I created a pattern by alternating the direction of the stamp as well as the color each time I stamped it. Lake House Dye Ink and Nautical Navy Dye Ink are the perfect compliment to one another.

I added 'A Birthday Hello' using the Hand Lettered Hello stamp set and die. I mounted it onto a white cardstock base that was embossed with a pattern that reinforces the dot pattern.


So glad you stopped by today. Join me tomorrow for my final day of projects!

11 comments:

  1. All gorgeous cards Kara, you are rocking this DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific cards Kara - loved the stamped patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always...
    you always pick the smallest elements from a set and create the most amazing patterns with it...
    you constantly amaze me with your eye...
    love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous designs, Kara! And I agree with Renee about your use of just a stamp or two to create awesome patterns. Love today's use of embossing paste and the wonderful layering--- really great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning cards..that Chevron is so gorgeous..love the design and colors...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara! Just beautiful - every one! May I ask which brand modeling paste do you use? I'm surprised you were able to die cut so cleanly after the modeling paste was applied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I use Liquitex modeling paste :)

      Delete
  7. Amazing how changing the color can give a totally different feel to your card. Love the graphic images and pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara these are amazing with your wonderful, stamping style!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest