Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Birds & Branches Frame Die Two Ways

Hi, it's Maureen here sharing projects using products from the April/May release.  Today I am sharing two cards featuring the Birds & Branches Frame Die.

Large Frame Dies like Birds & Branches allow you to really be creative.  You can keep them simple or really dress them up.

For my first card I wanted to focus on the negative space.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt Mix // Dies: Birds & Branches Frame Die // Cardstock: Black

I've been playing around with Distress Markers and watercolor paper a lot lately.  Creating backgrounds like the one above is quick and easy!  Just follow these steps...


Watercolor Backgrounds with Distress Markers

  1. On a piece of watercolor paper, start coloring with your lightest color. Note: Messy coloring is fine, it does not have to be perfect
  2. Color with your next color, overlapping the colors a bit.
  3. Continue adding desired colors using the same method.
  4. Mist the card stock with water. For more extreme water spots, try taking the top off of your mister and flicking water onto the paper. Allow to air dry, or use a heat tool to speed up drying.

I'm a CAS girl, so I kept the rest of my card nice and clean.  The Black Cardstock looks like a silhouette in a night sky.  The stark contrast of the black against the color is just stunning.

My next card uses a much softer palette.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Strictly Sentiments 4, Valentine Wishes // Dies: Birds & Branches, Timeless Tags 2 // Cardstock: Sweet Gelato

This time I let the beautiful details of the Birds & Branches Frame Die shine.  I popped the frame up and placed vellum card stock in between the Birds & Branches Frame Die and the card base.  This really softens the look. I added a tag from Timeless Tags 2 and stamped an image from Valentine Wishes.  This little wreath was the perfect size for the bird to perch in.  The sentiment, from Strictly Sentiments 4, was stamped in Sweet Gelato ink.  This card would be perfect for mom for Mother's Day or any other day of the year.

I hope you like my projects today.  I'll be back tomorrow with more.  See you then!

7 comments:

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest