Sunday, April 13, 2014

Random Bits and Monday Mood Board #26 Winners

Hello! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

I did some much needed house cleaning and then took some "me" time. I played with my watercolors, which I hadn't really been able to devote any substantial time to since January. It felt really good to just play.

I'm currently experimenting with the "loose" or "fluid" watercolor style. It consists of a lot of the wet on wet technique. This is really hard for me. More water means the less control I tend to have over the final results. And that requires patience to let it do it's thing - and trust that it will. I don't have much of either. LOL

I went through several sheets of paper, but finally ended up with something that I think I like.

Too bad it was just on a scrap piece. Boo.

Things have been really busy here lately, both at home and work. I'm slowly catching up with everything. I want to thank you guys so much for all of your kind words and stopping by to see what's up each day!

Speaking of catching up...I have some long overdue winners for you!

Monday Mood Board #26 Winners

  • #22 (Lisa L)
  • #35 (Vickie Z)
  • #9 (Janet Swanlady21)

Contact us at customerservice@wplus9.com with your full name and email and we will set up your $10 store credits! (If you don't already have an account set up with us, be sure to set one up to expedite collecting your prize)

Stock Updates

The following stamps are now back in stock:

  • Blanket Stitched Blooms
  • Coming Up Roses
  • Fanciful Feathers
  • Folk Art Florals
  • Milk & Cookies
  • Paisley Patterns
  • Quilt Prints
  • Strictly Sentiments 1

And one more item....tomorrow I get to formally introduce Kara Vrabel!

Kara will be joining us all week as she makes her debut as a Wplus9 Designer. I can't wait to show you what she's got for us. I hope to see you here!

9 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as a "scrap piece" Dawn!! That is totally frame-worthy - if you don't I'd love to =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could find a way to use it ... it's too beautiful to waste!
    Thanks for the lucky win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! That bird is amazing! And thanks so much for the win, I completely forgot that the winners were never announced, so it was a happy surprise indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and very inspiring. Did you draw this first before painting or was this loose designing and loose painting together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!. This is magnificent!. I would LOVE to be able to paint like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness Dawn, this is so so beautiful! it is truely a shame it is on scrap paper...

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest