Thursday, May 25, 2017

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Amy Kolling

Hello everyone! Amy Kolling here and I am seriously excited to be a guest for WPlus9. I have had a love for WPlus9 for many years and only dreamt of sharing a project here! Today I have a layered floral card to share featuring the new, beautifully detailed Modern Anemones stamps and die.

I started by white heat embossing the Modern Anemones images and leaves onto smooth watercolor paper. I did a quick watercolor with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers using Tea Rose, Pink Flamingo, and Light Carmine using a waterbrush. Each flower only has one color on it! I love the results you can achieve with these markers! The leaves were done with more shading using Pale Dawn Gray, Mid Green, and Olive Green. All the images were die cut using the Modern Anemones Die.

To create the panel for my flowers, I used the Clear Cut Stackers: Rounded Rectangles to cut one from white card stock. Next, I did something that some are afraid to do……I cut apart a stamp. I wanted to randomly stamp the tiny “hello” from the sentiment “hello dear”. So I simply cut the sentiment apart! With my gray ink, I also stamped the large script “friend” onto my panel. I also stamped one extra tiny “hello” onto a thin strip of cardstock and adhered with foam adhesive.

I began assembling my floral layout onto my rectangle panel. Once I was happy with the layout, I used Press ‘n Seal to hold my images in place while I added each layer of flowers with adhesive and/or foam adhesive. This is such a great tip!! I then layered my floral panel onto some gray cardstock with foam adhesive for dimension.

To create my landscape notecard, I used a diagonal stencil and sponged gray ink from the center to the edges for a softer look. My floral rectangle panel was then adhered to my notecard. For some finishing touches, I added iridescent sequins across my panel. Here’s a look at the dimension of my card.

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

~Amy

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies or equivalents used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Other Supplies:
  • White cardstock
  • Watercolor cardstock
  • Gray cardstock
  • Foam Adhesive
  • Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
  • Waterbrush
  • Charcoal Palette Ink
  • Diagonal Stencil
  • Die Cutting Machine
  • Sequins

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Amy! So beautiful! Love the watercoloring and all of the hellos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Amy! I love the water coloring on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo gorgeous!! I just bought this stamp set. I can't wait to try to watercolor them. Although I know they won't come out as beautiful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty, Amy!!! Happy for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I'd love to see a video of you watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Amy, this is GORGEOUS! I love this new set, and your watercoloring is beautiful as well as this great layout! Love the popped layer! Hugs1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only are the flowers coloured GORGEOUSLY, but I absolutely think the random stamping of the "hello" sentiment is brilliant. Outstanding card, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You GO girl!!! You are right at home at Wplus9, Amy! Gorgeous design, fabulous water coloring, such an eye for color ... a perfectly perfect fit!! I'd love to see you here on a regular basis ... hint, hint, Dawn! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy this is such a beautiful card, I had to pin it for inspiration! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Amy!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the soft look of the florals! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW, Amy! Gorgeous design, I just love how you colored those flowers! So amazing it's one marker for each flower!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest